BetsPedia are looking for a talented core (mid to senior level) Java developer to join a sports betting syndicate. The client favours simple frameworks over complex, and is looking to run reliable, high performance software that necessitates minimum support. This is an ideal role for a Sports fan, interested in algorithmic trading.
The essential skills required for the role are the ability to:
• Write clean, fast, multithreaded code in Java.
• Reason about, and code against, HTTP based APIs at a socket level.
• Specify and build APIs for third parties to integrate with.
• Use JDBC and communicate with a relational DB on any RDBMS (the client prefers Postgres).
• Write/maintain simple shell scripts on a Linux environment.
• Interact with exchange APIs for order book management and prices (personal exchange projects a major advantage).
Any exposure or experience of the following would be an advantage:
• Sports Exchange betting and their APIs (Betfair, Matchbook, Betdaq).
The role for the successful candidate will be to boost the capability of the group to:
• Implement, improve and support our current strategies.
• Back test and analyse the performance of existing strategies.
• Build new strategies.
• Integrate with new partners.
• Clearly report our state and positions.
In return the client offers a unique approach to syndicated trading;
The successful candidate will be able to learn about:
• Statistical learning techniques (Regression/Machine learning etc).
• High performance coding techniques.
• Effective strategies for generating EV.
• A business based on Sports